The University Art Collection believes in making its collections widely available, and welcomes requests to borrow items to exhibitions or displays that are open to the general public and contribute to knowledge and understanding of their subject.
Our Loans Policy provides further information on broad principles governing loans from the Collection.
Any enquiries are treated confidentially by the University Art Collection.
We encouraged preliminary research before making a loan request. A useful resource for planning a loan request is our online databases which gives details on the artworks in our Collection.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to discuss object selection and the practicalities of borrowing.
Loan requests should be made EITHER six months in advance of the exhibition opening date from within the UK OR one year in advance of the exhibition opening date from outside of the UK.
A loan request will require:
- Exhibition or display title
- Exhibition dates
- Full details of the items requested for loan
- Names and contact details of the person(s) responsible at each venue
- Details of how the requested items will be insured or indemnified
All loan requests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All loan requests are reviewed and any decisions made will be made based on a variety of conditions including:
- Availability of the Object
- Condition of the Object
- Conservation Requirements
The University Art Collection expects borrowers to cover all direct costs connected with the loan.
- Transportation and courier costs
- Crating and packing materials
- Essential conservation work
- Insurance or cover through a national indemnity scheme
- Condition photography