The University Art Collection is part of University Museums and Special Collections Services (UMASCS), which brings together art, museums, archives and rare books.

Founded in the earliest days of the University of Reading through various acquisition initiatives, we are now based on Redlands Road in a Grade II listed building. The house was originally designed by Sir Alfred Waterhouse in 1880 for local biscuit businessman, Alfred Palmer.

Transforming first into St Andrews Hall of residence in 1911, and again in 2005 when a modern extension was created, this building is also the home of the Museum of English Rural Life and the University’s Special Collections.