The archive and library at Special Collections is accessible to a wide range of visitors and we always strive to meet the access needs of everyone who visits us. If you have a specific need which you would like to ask us about, please contact us.
Advice about preparing for a visit to the archive and library can be found here.
People with impairments
- Disabled access throughout the building, including a step free entrance with automatic door and wheelchair lifts for all stairs
- Disabled visitor parking
- Fully accessible toilets
- Assistance dogs welcome
We encourage visitors to travel by foot, bike and public transport wherever possible.
- Car Park (limited spaces)
- Secure bike rack
Facilities and general
- Baby changing
- A small cafe serving sandwiches, snacks and hot drinks
- High chairs for cafe
- Garden with picnic benches
- The Nook, a quiet space for reading and relaxing
Information on accessibility and the facilities of The Museum of English Rural Life can be found here.