Today, we are publishing details of the many options available for University of Reading staff who wish to teach with collections. There is a new guide here.
– Using pre-recorded and ready-digitised material;
– Creating or enhancing digital resources;
– Running live sessions (both face-to-face and online).
From mid-August, we will be offering staff with the opportunity to book a session to record short videos featuring The MERL, Special Collections and Art Collections items for use in teaching.
Over the Summer, we will be launching further digital access services, including:
• A “virtual reading room” permitting registered users to access high quality scans of selected content;
• New content on the ArtUK and Google Arts and Culture platforms;
• Multiple image viewing in our Enterprise catalogue.
We are also developing new options for staff at other HE/FE institutions and schools to teach with collections. Please contact us if you would like details.